Once upon a time, there were no mobile phones. We had one landline phone for the whole family and yet we survived! Some experiences were precious and some almost made us lose our minds. Tring! Tring!
1. Long ring meant an STD call and while you ran to answer it, you already knew who it was!
2. Waiting for the landline to be free to make your call
3. “Hello, aunty?” “didi?” Oh god just kill me already!
4. Keeping the receiver was the old way of “Switching Off”
5. Designating times for that someone special to call you and guarding the phone so that no one else picks it up.
6. The evergreen threat of “Itna bill? Kisne call kiye the? Details nikalwao”
7. Using internet on a dial up connection and yelling “Phone rakh do! Net nahi cha raha!!”
8. Redial was a real struggle on this vintage machine
9. Prank calls were the trend because who cares for a caller ID!
10. And God, those stalker blank calls.
11. Having disturbance in calls during rain and sometimes…dead.