1. “Shiva-Man” is the word where the name of the district has derived in almost 8th Century and from there being a part Banaras Kingdom, Siwan had started growing itself in almost all areas.
2. Muslims came here in the 13th century. Sikandar Lodi brought this area in his kingdom in the 15th century.
3. After the Lodhi’s, it was the time of Babar who took the charge and ruled the state involving Siwan where the cultural diversity was established in 17th Century. From here on, the houses made in Siwan had started getting the beautiful touch of Arabic Architectures.
4. And guess what, the next how came to our lovely city are no one but the Dutch. They came in 17th century and affected the culture too. In buxar they defeated and went away from the city and the state.
Then next big thing happened is the battle of 1857 and Siwan has its especial contribution in this battle from the side of India, It is famous for the stalwart and sturdy ‘Bhoj-puries’, who have always been noted for their martial spirit and physical endurance and from whom the army and police personnel were largely drawn. A good number of them rebelled and rendered their services to Babu Kunwar Singh.
5. The anti pardah movement in Bihar, in the days of independence the resident of the district Braj Kishore babu contributed significant in anti pradah movement and bring the nation o the stage where we are saying ourself ‘free’ from British rule.
6. The one of the Heros of the Independence are from no where, he had taken birth in Jiradei, Siwan and made us proud at international level. He is no other person than Rajendra Prasad. A short video of his village (taken from the train) incuding the sound of people around that village
7. Some new pages of the city from the facebook page of Siwan