Malpua is a Indian pancake served as a dessert or a snack. which is also served to Jagannath in his Sakala Dhupa (Morning food served to the lord). It is During Paush Sankranti, Malapuas are prepared in Bihari homes. Malapuas along with mutton curry or paneer curry is served in many non-vegetarian Maithil homes during Holi.
Ingredients for Malpua With Rabri
–Maida (Flour) (For Rabri)
–Water (For Malpua)
–Baking Powder (For Malpua)
–Elaichi (Cardamom) Powder (For Rabri)
–chopped Mixed Dried Fruits (For Rabri)
–Paneer (For Malpua)
–Oil (For Malpua)
–Sugar (For Sugar Syrup)
–Water (For Sugar Syrup)
–Sooji (Semoliine) (for Malpua)
–NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk (for Malpua)
–Paneer (for Rabri)
–Milk (for Rabri)
–NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk (for Rabri)
How to make Malpua With Rabri
- Crumble paneer coarsely. Make a paste of maida with 3 to 4 tbsp. milk. Combine NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and the rest of milk and bring to a boil.
- Add maida paste to milk stirring continuously. Reduce flame and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped nuts, paneer and elaichi powder. Remove from fire. Cool and refrigerate.
- Put sugar and water in a pan and bring to a boil. Keep aside.
- Combine NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk, sooji, maida, water and baking powder. Mix well and leave for 10-15 mins. Crumble paneer very finely – till smooth and add to the above mixture. Beat well.
- Heat oil in a flat frying pan (for shallow frying – only 1 to 2 mm layer of oil). Pour 1 small ladle of batter to make a small, flat malpua about 2-1/2”- 3” in diameter. Fry till both sides get evenly browned.
- Remove and soak in syrup for ½ minute. Remove from syrup. Arrange on a shallow plate. Top with rabri and nuts and serve hot.