The top 10 things you’ve learned about gender equality from the global data is as following:
1. The gender gap is everywhere.
2. The gender gap is real and measureable. It is not a hoax or a figment of some feminist’s imagination.
3. Gender inequality retards economic growth.
4. Gender inequality perpetuates poverty.
5. Gender inequality is bad for families.
6. Closing the gender gap will improve health in communities, for everyone.
7. Bringing teenage girls into equality is the single most impactful thing you can do to help an economy.
8. Women are paid less than men for the same work, even in countries where it has been illegal to do that for 50 years.
9. Gender inequality fuels social instability, crime, and local conflict.
10. Women’s subordination is substantially enforced by their exclusion from the money system.